Monday 17 March 2008

Claire's Blog: New bike is here!

Heres a quick blog for ya with some pics of my new Socom frame I got the other day...



Went for an XC ride yesterday in a place that was completely transformed from the last time we rode there. Spring is here and the SoCal desert is blooming....birds are chirping, frogs are burping haha and there are wild flowers everywhere. And even though it all makes me sneeze, I like it. Cuz race season is just around the corner.

The Winter Vomit Series is over and Chris and I both won the overall titles. In the last race of the series, there was no real competition for me but I raced hard against myself and tasted blood after a strong head wind on "the wall".



My new Intense Socom frame arrived back from the powder coaters looking sick! The paint job is a translucent brass finish over raw metal so, although you can't totally see it in the photos here, it looks a bit antique with all the welds and metal patterns showing through. Looks pretty cool.

My new Socom also has a slacker head angle, lower bb and longer wheelbase than the last one so it will be better suited for the World Cup tracks.

Can't wait to get out there to test it out!


Claire rides for Intense, Sram/Rockshox/Avid/Truvativ, Maxxis, Sombrio Girl, Chromag, e13, Crankbrothers, Mavic, Dakine, Smith Optics, THE helmets, Troy Lee Designs armour, Evolution Bike Shop, Dynamic Core Fitness, Whistler Bike Park. She's currently spending the Winter in Southern California training for the season ahead.