Sunday 20 January 2008

Free Delivery - Exclusive Interview

The best things in life are free right?

How about a free, feature length bike film??



Justin at Lucent Productions is making exactly that. A full length bike movie featuring stacks of racing and riding from all over the USA. After spotting a few teasers on Littermag.com I got in touch with him to get the lowdown…

- Who is Justin?
I am an independent videographer located in the Boston area, heading up the 'one man show' that is Lucent Productions. I started filming mountain biking when I was racing bikes in college, and then started getting more interested over the years. Fast forward 5 years: I've invested butt loads of money in better cameras and equipment, have a few prestigious awards under my belt, and have worked with some of the top riders/companies in the industry.


- 10 words or less that describe your film:
Free film that emptied my bank account this year.

- How's the editing going?
One section is fully edited, so I guess I'd say editing is going slow but steady. I have a full time job apart from Lucent so all my editing is done in my free time after work. Needless to say, my girlfriend will be happy when it's done!

- Any sections your pretty pleased with so far?
So far my guess is that Mount Ste Anne World Cup race is going to be best event segment. I have 4 hrs of tape to condense down to a 4-5 minute segment so you can be sure that its going to be jam packed. I think Dave Smutok's rider segment will be the best visually appealing since I was able to use the camera crane for a lot of his stuff.


The full vid is due out online for FREE late Feb/Early March. We’ll be catching up with Justin again for a full interview in Issue 6 of Wideopen. In the mean-time log on to his website for loads of updates.
Cheers to Justin for taking the time out to talk to us.

http://lucentproductions.blogspot.com/
Also... Here's a couple of clips from other vids: