Monday 4 February 2008

Claire Buchar: home movies and the Vom series rd2

So somehow this old VHS tape surfaces in one of the offices at the Intense factory...... It's labeled: 'Claire Buchar 2001 Video Resume'. Yup, not kidding.

So I'm wondering why all the guys are smiling at me the next time Chris and I drop by the factory to pick up some parts and Tyler, the shipping guy and riding friend, throws on this video for us. And to my dismay, there I am. On my first downhill bike ever, busting no footer bar tweaks(hahaha), suicides, wheelies and riding some pretty gnarly lines. Except it was 7 years ago and you can tell I was a little stiff in the saddle to say the least but the guys were impressed none the less.
Well I immediately turned bright red and Chris was saying, "I didn't know you could do that!", it was hilarious. Anyways, turns out, it was my part out of Pist 'n Broke Productions, Back in the Saddle and my friend Warwick Patterson sent it to the guys at Intense years ago to try to get me some kind of start in the world of mountain biking. And get this, the guy didn't even watch it until now! Jerk! Haha. And here I am, 7 years later, riding for Intense.....funny.

Anyways, so it's finally stopped raining and apparently the desert has never looked so green. We have had a rare week of extremely wet weather, leaving us with some extremely nice dirt. My favorite local trail, the Gripper, has never been grippier.
We raced in beautiful loamy conditions at the 2nd of the Fontana Winter Vomit Series this past weekend. I got my new Intense Socom 'test frame' built up the day before the event. It is from an early batch of frames that Jeff designed but while my race frame, with a slacker head angle, is getting specially painted, I am trying this one out. And I LOVE it already.

Chris, on his M6, took another win and I, on the Intense Socom, was second to the fast and furious Melissa Buhl. Only 3 more vomits to go!

Chris has been throwing down some tricks on his M6 that others may find difficult on little bikes, recently getting the cover of Revolution, an Aussie magazine, and a double page spread in the latest Decline. Not the clearest images but thought I'd throw those in for your entertainment....



Well, till next time! Claire.
Claire rides for Intense Rock Shox Sram, Truvativ, Avid, Maxxis, Chromag, e13, Fizik, Crankbrothers, Sombrio Girl, THE Helmets, Troy Lee Designs, Dakine, Evolution, Dynamic Core Fitness, Whistler Bike Park, West Coast Freeride Guides, Mavic.