Thursday 21 February 2008

Claire's Blog: Pump-track Vid and Brendan's Crabs

Hey all! Here's a clip of me going for a cruise around the pumptrack:


My stomach hurts from laughing. My partner in crime, Katrina Strand, was just here for a few weeks to visit and between making the most amazing videos on PhotoBooth and other random tarding, ie. my impersonation of David Attenborough in the Planet Earth Series....."And another animal that depends largely on the great plains is......Wild Ass." haha. His voice is amazing! Anyways, we got a lot of riding in too.


Katrina and Claire

They took out "the wall" at the 3rd of the Winter Vomit Series as a pleasant surprise to all the racers. But, ya know, I have to admit I was a tiny bit disappointed. Because it is something I have to get stronger at, I kind of enjoy seeing how long you can go as hard as you can. Call me crazy....

But, although it was a bit shorter, it was a pretty cool track this time around with lots of corners, a rock garden and a decent amount of sprinting in it anyway. Chris (Kovarik) and I both won our races and there is now a $100 bounty on Chris to anyone that can beat him. With 2 more left in the series, will anyone be able to do it?

Brendan Fairclough and Matti Lehikoinen are also in town, and they are like peas in a pod, so we've all hung out a ton and have been having some good times. One day we all tripped out to Laguna to visit the CrankBrothers office and do some shuttle runs that end pretty much on the beach. This is where we all turned 5 years old again while exploring the tide pools and this is where Brendan "accidentally" dropped the hermit crab in a sea anemone.


Brendan showing off his crab

Katrina and I were devastated and Brendan felt pretty bad as soon as he realized what he had done but we couldn't save poor hermy. We like to believe he somehow escaped being digested alive...but Brendan, what a cutie, did feel very sorry, to the point where he mentioned it a couple times on the drive home.


Matti and Kovarik

With Katrina gone back to snowy Whistler and Brendan off doing that random street race down in Chile, our crew has gotten smaller for the moment. Out near our pumptrack there are a few jumps and things that Eric Carter built back in the day. Chris, Matti and I spent the other morning out there having a bit of fun. When I got tired of hiking the jumps, I caught some action on my little camera.


Matti


Kovarik

PS. Chris doesn't just drift his bike. We found this old photo of him in a drift comp back in Australia.

Kovarik gets sideways
Claire rides for Intense, Sram/Rockshox/Avid/Truvativ, Maxxis, Sombrio Girl, Chromag, e13, Crankbrothers, Mavic, Dakine, Smith Optics, THE helmets, Troy Lee Designs armour, Evolution Bike Shop, Dynamic Core Fitness, Whistler Bike Park..