Sunday 6 July 2008

NPS Fort William Results! Minnaar takes it again.

News just in, thanks to Martin Whiteley at 23Degrees.

Minnaar took the win at the NPS at Fort William... Beating 2nd place Ben Cathro by 5 seconds. Another great Fort William result for Greg, but even better for Cathro. 5 seconds off Greg Minnaar aint half bad at all, good f'in work!

Here's some on board footage from Greg in practice:



Greg was over in the UK for one of his Big Air Training Camps and had a few of the students entered into the race. He seeded fastest yesterday, as the only rider under the 5 minute mark. In his final run he managed to make it down 5 seconds up on Ben, despite bashing his pedal on a rock in the top section.


Greg's quote: "I busted the clip on one of my pedals on a rock up top and had to spin the pedal with my right foot on more than one occasion to get clipped back in, and was worried I'd lost too much time. I knew Ben and Marc would be strong today, so I'm happy for the win, but to be honest, I was really happy for my riders here at the camp, they all did well this weekend and they were great to work with."

Here's the top 5, full results soon as I can get them!

1. Greg Minnaar (RSA) - 4m 50.483s
2. Ben Cathro - (GBR) - 4m 55.921s
3. Joe Barnes - (GBR) - 5m 02.513s
4. Marc Beaumont (GBR) - 5m 02.987s
5. Neil Donoghue (GBR) - 5m 04.403s