Thursday 13 September 2007

Just back from the Worlds...

Short(ish) and sweet as you can read the antics in ISSUE 4 (out soon-ish).

Arrived on Saturday having left home at 6AM (yes, thats commitment) and saw the final DH practice runs. Met up with Milki who was buzzing from a week's snapping. Then headed to the pits and had a chat with Kathy Sessler, Col Williams @ mtb-direct.co.uk (cheers for the grips dude), Gee, shook Peaty's hand and wished him luck (he was 10 deep in autograph seeking kids!) etc etc.
Sunday was epic, up early again, then saw final runs of practice and then BANG, it all went off. AWESOME atmosphere, Fort Bill does it again. The British and Irish riders were getting great shouts, I lost my horn (but hey), and lots of cheering with the bottom arena SOOOOOO loud.
Here, an Irish rider gets my "shot of the day" award (from me to me!) as he heads into the arena...

Upmost big up to Gump, Rachel, Katy and Gee for getting us some medals, and unlucky to those who lost saddles etc. Sunday night was party in a tent in Fort Bill....think I remember saying "hi" to rachel Atherton whilst pissed, Hic!...as below shows....

I was also up for some riding with some of the fearingout lads, so we did Wolftrax on Monday in gourmet sunshiiiiiiiiine, but Phil fractured his arm (rode on with it, rrrrrrrrespect) then Tues we went to Balnain bike park and realised we weren't Northshore pros (lol). Then....the big one, yesterday with the boys on the road back to England, I headed to the World Champs Dh track. I got my gondola pass and up I went. I was bricking it! Did 4 runs, the first very slowly at 12 mins, then got my shit on and got down to just over 9 minutes, with 1 stop, cos my arms and hands ached so much! Awesome track, love it. The Stinky at the bottom after 4 runs...

Top "long weekend" all round.

Watch this space....